"For me, personal education takes us back to education's original function, as it was supposed to be"- Junior High School educator, Bat Yam
This paper invites you to become acquainted with a bold, educational achievement in Bat Yam; a worthy endeavor, patiently growing and developing, deeply assimilated, which has become a compass for each daily educational activity and dialogue in the remarkable educational system of the "Bat Yam Education City."
- Explains the "Bat Yam Personal Educational Model," and reveals the source of its inspiration and its components.
- Details the challenges faced before and during the implementation of this urban program.
- Identifies the partnerships needed to build and implement this kind of urban educational program.
- Investigates the components of an urban change process that tries to bring about cultural change through the educational system.
- Attempts to bring the successes and the difficulties to the surface and make recommendations for the future.